Entertainment heart of Christchurch shifts up a gear
Construction of the much-anticipated new EntX Entertainment Central development is well underway and on track for a blockbuster opening in September 2018. With a HOYTS cinema complex upstairs and a unique ground floor dining precinct, this is a project to get excited about.
Inspired by some of the world’s most popular food destinations, the downstairs dining precinct will be populated by a diverse range of eateries and hospitality providers, while upstairs the complex features seven screens, including two Xtremescreens and two LUX auditoriums.
Driven by leading New Zealand construction company Calder Stewart, a distinct and defined construction methodology has been adopted for this build. To assist in the early fit-out, the project has been divided into six phases advancing progressively across the site. The foundations, base-build structure and base-build architectural construction have been programmed starting from the south side to north.
Progress as of September 2017 (estimated 12 months from completion)
- building precast concrete and steel structure construction - 60% complete
- foundations - 90% complete
- services fit-out in the first 280+ seat Dolby Atmos cinema – commenced
- steel structure for the first of two fully catered ‘Lux’ cinemas – complete
- precast concrete structure for two smaller cinemas – nearing completion
Target completion milestones by Christmas 2017
- 100% of structural steel and precast panel construction
- External structure completed for all 7 cinemas
- 50% of services fit out for cinemas
- Level 1 and 2 floor slabs completed
- 30% of external architectural cladding completed
- 70% of acoustic roofing complete
For more information please contact Mark Weaver.